Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
½ cup oat flour (Make it yourself using your blender! Just use organic rolled oats... takes less than a minute. Make sure it's certified gluten-free oats if you're gluten intolerant)
½ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup date sugar or other minimally processed dry sweetener
1 TBS potato starch, tapioca flour, kuzu or any vegan starch
1 TBS oat bran
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt (optional)
1 tsp chia seeds
zest of 1 orange
1 cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
½ cup unsweetened soy milk or other non dairy milk
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 TBS flax meal + 2 TBS water
1 TBS oil (I used sunflower oil)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare a 12-muffin pan (lightly grease or use paper liners)
3) Mix the flax meal and water and set aside.
4) Combine all dry ingredients (except the blueberries).
5) Combine all wet ingredients (including the flax mixture).
6) Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well to combine.
7) Fold in the blueberries.
8) Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
9) Bake for 20-30 minutes, until slightly cracked on top and golden.
10) Serve with vegan cream cheese (optional but highly recommended!)