Better Than Hashbrowns
2 cups grated zucchini
1-1/2 cups grated potato
1/2 cup grated carrot
4 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic (optional)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
scant 1 teaspoon salt (I use raw salt; optional)
NOTE: Use organic so you don't have to shave the skins before grating.
1. Put grated zucchini n a strainer and squeeze out as much water as possible. This will only take a few minutes. Squeeze, squeeze, squish, squeeze.
2. In a bowl, mix zucchini, potato, and carrot. This is the pretty part!
3. Mix in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time (mix it up by hand). Stir in your desired spices.
4. On a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. (Oil it up if you want... but it's exquisite with only the tiny amount of oil on the skillet.)
5. Form the grated veggies into patties. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Use a spatula to press the patties down. Flip a few times - but not too many; the patties will hold together better if you don't flip too often. These are fantastic!
Source of recipe: I got a free zucchini and wanted to use it.