Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I use Arrowhead Mills organic all purpose flour)
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I use organic)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup vegan yogurt (I used Wildwood Organic vegan yogurt)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar Frosting:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
4 tablespoons nondairy milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a square 8x8" baking dish with nonstick spray. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt thoroughly.
2. Create a well and place the milk, oil, yogurt, vanilla, and vinegar in it. Gently mix until the batter is homogeneous.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before adding frosting and decorations.
4. For frosting, in a bowl, place the sugar and cocoa and mix thoroughly. Add the milk and oil; stir with a fork until smooth.
5. Pour over cooled cake (I turn the cake upside down and pour it over the side that was not exposed to air, but this is up to you!).
Garnish with crushed peppermint candy, nuts or whatever you like. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe: http://thewitchykitchen.blogspot.com/