1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup tamari
3 tablespoons nondairy milk
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 (16-ounce) block extra-firm tofu, diced small
1/2 (12-ounce) package frozen green beans
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 to 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
black pepper to taste
2 (1.3-ounce) "coils" or "nests" of bean thread noodles
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (I spritz the pan with oil).
2. Sauce: In a bowl, stir together the tamari, nondairy milk, peanut butter, water, hot sauce, and ginger.
3. Add tofu to skillet. When it starts to show color, add in the green beans, onion, and garlic. Grind in black pepper and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
4. Pour in the sauce and stir well. Simmer until sauce thickens.
5. Break up your bean threads a little, add to a large-ish bowl of water, microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the threads are soft and translucent. Drain.stir the bean threads into the saucy bean-y goodness.
Source of recipe: started withSchezwan Green Beans and came up with this.