Banana Bread Brownie Bites
1/3 cup apple juice concentrate*
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
2 large or 3 small bananas, mashed
1/4 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups flour (I use spelt)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
walnut halves, to garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine apple juice concentrate and flax seeds. Set aside to thicken.
2. In another bowl, combine the mashed bananas, almond butter, and vanilla extract; mix until a paste is formed. Stir in apple juice-flax seed mixture.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
4. Pour batter into greased 9" x 9" pan and arrange walnut halves on top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted at the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool before cutting into squares so there is one walnut half per bite.
* If agave or maple syrup is used instead of apple juice, reduce the amount to 3 tablespoons and mix the flax seeds with 2 tablespoons of water instead.
Source of recipe: This recipe makes BITE-sized BANANA BREADs that have the chewiness of BROWNIES.
Free of heavily processed fats and sugars.