Baked Doughnut Nuggets
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegan butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg substitute (I use 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
2/3 cup nondairy milk (I use soy) Topping:
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For donuts, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in medium mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whip butter and vegan sugar until light and fluffy. Beat flax and water together for egg, and let sit 1-2 minutes.
3. Add egg substitute to butter mixture, and beat until well-blended. Add 1/2 the flour mixture, mix; stir until smooth. Add 1/2 the milk; stir again until smooth. Repeat.
4. Spoon batter into miniature muffin tins until 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing.
5. For topping, in a bowl, combine powdered sugar and cinnamon. Roll nuggets in sugar mix, and enjoy!