Awesome Artichoke Heart Sammy!
1/2 can artichoke hearts
Italian or balsamic dressing
2 slices sourdough bread
vegan mayonnaise (lots of it!)
olive oil or vegan margarine
1. Squeeze the water out of the artichokes and cut them into desired size. Place in a bowl.
2. Put your sliced tomato in the bowl also.
3. (If artichokes have already been marinated, skip this step.) Add Italian dressing and toss. Let sit and marinate for a few minutes or longer. Alternately, you can create a marinade with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4. Spread vegan mayonnaise on bread. Spoon on tomato artichoke mixture.
5. Heat olive oil in skillet. Grill sandwich. and then.......... CHOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Source of recipe: I made this with some stuff I had on hand and I was so excited! It was soooooooo good and I am sure I'll be making this very very often.