1 cup aromatic rice (I used Jasmine)
15 oz. can kidney beans (or pinto/black/garbanzo)
1 medium tomato, diced (or 2 small ones per serving)
1 large avocado, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
lemon juice, salt, pepper (to taste)
salt substitute or preferred seasoning blend (I use Original Spike Seasoning)
1. Cook the rice according to package directions (or your own preferences).
2. Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
3. Slice the avocado into wedges or cubes.
4. Chop or dice the tomato.
5. Chop the pecans.
6. When rice is done, layer ingredients in two bowls starting with the rice and ending with the pecans.
7. Add seasoning (lemon juice, Spike, etc.) to taste.
*This will only take about 5 to 10 minutes if you already have rice left over from last night's dinner!
Source of recipe: My sister's recipe.