Arugula and Sprout Salad with Roasted Beets
1 box Organic Arugula
1/2 container of mixed sprouts (adzuki, radish, alfalfa, clover)
1 1/2 cups of raw sprouted beans (lentil, chic pea, adzuki)
3 meduim size roasted beets
1/2 cup coconut chips
1/4 cup gogi berries
1/4 cup dried cranberies
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Olive oil & red wine vinegar for dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cut the beets in half, leaving skin on and toss with salt, pepper & olive oil.
3. Place beets into 8x8 pan, cover with foil and roast until fork tender about 1 hr
4. Let beets cool and then remove skin. Slice beets and set aside for later use. (Do ahead of time and store for up to 3 days)
5. Place Arugula in a large bowl, add in sprouts, sprouted beans, salt & pepper and mix until incorportated
6. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over greens and mix
7. Add in pumpkin seeds & berries. Top salad with sliced beets and coconut chips.
8. Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar just before serving.