added this 3 years ago
Amy's Delightful Pumpkin Dip
What you need:
1 cup water
2 t. agar powder (find at an oriental grocery or well-stocked health food store)
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup cane juice crystals or sweetener of choice
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. coconut extract
1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconutmilk or two cups nondairy milk
1 package Mori-Nu vanilla pudding/pie mix
1 15-oz. can solid pack 100% pumpkin
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
What you do:
- In a pan, stir together the agar and water, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender along with agar powder and water. Blend on high until smooth, adding water as needed to make 3½ to 4 cups total mixture. Pour into a quart container, cover and chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Before using, place chilled mixture (which will be quite firm) in blender or food processor and blend until creamy. (If you have a lightweight blender, you should blend half of the mix at a time.) It should be the consistency of Cool Whip. Try not to add more liquid. The mixture will eventually go through the blades and become creamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together Mori-Nu vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice
- Fold in the whipped topping
- Serve with apple slices, cinnamon graham crackers, chocolate cookies, ginger snaps, etc.
15 minutes plus an overnight chill time.