Amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
1-1/2 to 2 cups natural (unsweetened) peanut butter (2 cups if you like your cookies extra peanut butter-y)
1 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup hemp protein powder (optional, for added nutritional value)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons EnerG Egg Replacer
2 tablespoons warm non-dairy milk (I use hemp milk)
1 (12-ounce) package vegan chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. In a bowl, cream together, peanut butter, margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir in flour, hemp powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together (dough will be slightly crumbly).
2. In a separate bowl, mix the warm hemp milk with egg replacer. (Or substitute EnerG Egg Replacer and non-dairy milk for another egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg.)
3. Add egg replacer mix to dough. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet by teaspoons for small cookies and tablespoons for large. Bake 8 to 10 minutes (small cookies) or 10 to 15 minutes (large cookies), or until like brown. The centers should remain soft. Cool slightly while on cookie sheet then transfer to a flat surface. Do not use a wire rack, they might crumble!
Source of recipe: This recipe is one that has been converted for vegans from Betty Crocker's 40th anniversary cookbook plus a few alterations here and there to make them even more delectable :) I gave them away to my friends and family (who are not vegans) and they we're absolutely amazed by the taste! Even the friends who are very critical of my baking were impressed. This is my favorite recipe of all time.