2 or 3 potatoes (use two if they're big, 3 if they're smallish)
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup peas (I use canned sweet peas)
4 tablespoon soy margarine
1/2 to 1 meduim onion, chopped, (depending on how much you like onion)
2 garlic cloves, chopped OR 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 bay leaves
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon garam masala (available at ethnic grocery stores or at www.namaste.com)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste
1. Heat margarine in a pan on stovetop at medium temp.
2. Add onion and saute until golden
3. Add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, and garlic and stir fry 2 min.
4. Add garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, coriander, tomatoes, and salt. Mix together well.
5. Add potatoes. Pour in water and bring to a boil.
6. Add peas and lower heat. Cover. Let simmer 15 min. (until potatoes are soft and done)