Almost Raw No-Bake Cookies
3 cups raw almonds
3/4 cup water Cookies:
1/4 cup cacao, cocoa, or carob powder
1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup rolled oats (we used a mix of oats and rye)
1/8 cup chia seeds
1/8 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup raw almond butter
1/4-1/2 cup coconut flakes, optional
salt, to taste, optional
1. Make the almond butter by blending the almonds in a Vita-mix or other high speed blender. If you use less, it won't work. Sorry, but at least you'll have lots of extra almond butter! Scrape it out and set aside.
2. Make the date syrup by blending the dates and water. Blend in cacao powder and coconut oil. In a large bowl, combine oats and seeds.
3. Scrape cacao mixture out of blender and mix in with oats. Add in 1/2 cup prepared almond butter. If using coconut flakes, mix in.
4. Mix in salt, or wait until they're done and sprinkle some on top, or both if you like them salty! Mix together really well, taste, and add more sweetener if desired.
5. Dollop out onto parchment paper and place in fridge or freezer until hardened.
To mix it up, add vanilla, cinnamon, or cayenne for spicy cookies! (Or all 3; yum!)
Put in dehydrator to warm them up if you like, or chop them into bits and use as cereal with homemade nut milk. Mmmm!
Source of recipe: My boyfriend and I created this inspired from past no-bake cookies, and modified from this recipe we found online: http://goneraw.com/recipe/no-bake-cookies