AKKI ROTI - Rice flour Roti
1 1/2 cups rice flour
2 teaspoons jeera
1/2 inch ginger finely cut
3/4 cup onion finely cut
green chillies (according to taste, from Indian/Asian stores)
1) Lightly grease a mixing bowl with dairy free margarine. Mix the rice flour, jeera, onions in the bowl till it forms a light crumbly mixture.
2) Add hot water to the mixture and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
3)Add coriander, green chillies, ginger and mix well with water to form dough, slightly looser than the consistency of Chappati dough.
4) Make into medium-sized balls.
5) On a skillet, pat the balls into a flat shape. Dribble oil along the sides.
6) Wait till the edges turn brown.
7) Flip it over and brown on other side.