4 medium portabella mushrooms or 8-10 small
1/2 cup basil, packed
1/4 cup walnuts
1 clove garlic
2 Tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
pinch salt and pepper
3 Tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
1 small red bell pepper
1 small tomato
1) Hollow out mushrooms with spoon. Reserve guts.
2) Rub mushrooms with 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside to soften.
3) Blend basil, walnuts, garlic, pepitas, salt and pepper in food processor. Slowly add remaining 2 Tbsp oil scraping sides as necessary. Transfer pesto to a small bowl.
4) Dice pepper, tomato, and mushroom guts. Mix into pesto.
5) Spoon pesto stuffing into mushroom caps.
6) Top with pepitas, salt, and pepper and serve.
Serve stuffed mushrooms as a light lunch or with a salad for a more filling meal. Mushrooms will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe comes from my blog: www.rawlau.com  If you choose to copy and republish, please include this information in your blog or publishing.