1 cup oats
3/4 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative - use less if using water)
2 scoops protein powder (I use NitroFusion chocolate)
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon ground flax seed (optional)
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1. Grind the oats until they're a fine powder, I use a coffee grinder to get the right consistency.
2. Mix the oats, protein powder, flax, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
3. Microwave the agave nectar and peanut butter in a bowl together for about 15-20 seconds to soften them up a bit.
4. Mix peanut butter and agave into the dry ingredients, adding the almond milk.
5. You should end up with a nice dough-like product - roll it out into bars of the shape and size you want, and pop them in the freezer until you want to eat one!
Try adding 1/2 cup of blueberries to add some B vitamins in this too. Use more peanut butter and less almond milk if you want a thicker consistency.
This is a recipe I modified from an omni bodybuilding forum somewhere. It'll give you a decently filling snack or post-workout grab and go bar. Tastes kinda like a cookie, but will make you buff. Probably. Results may vary.