1 (8-ounce) package ribbon noodles
1 cup nondairy milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 pieces seitan (2.5 ounces seitan or 4 pieces Worthington Multigrain Cutlets, drained, cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, sliced, divided
1 cup vegan sour cream
1 teaspoon paprika
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. In a cup, whisk milk and cornstarch; set aside.
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add seitan and yellow onion; saute until the seitan starts to brown. Add the mushrooms; sautee until soft. Add half of the green onions; cook until soft.
4. Add the sour cream and milk-cornstarch mixture. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Reduce to low heat and allow to simmer until thick.
5. Add noodles directly from the boiling water to the stroganoff. Stir until completely coated. Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve.