1 cup sugar, divided
Pinch kosher salt
1 sheet prepared vegan puff pastry
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Take 1/2 cup sugar and combine with salt. Spread evenly over a flat surface. Unfold defrosted puff pastry sheet onto sugar mixture.
3) Combine remaining sugar with cinnamon and spread evenly over the top of the puff pastry sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough until it is approximately 13” square. The sugar will become pressed into top and bottom of the pastry.
4) Fold the sides of the square toward the center so that the fold halfway toward the middle. Fold them again so the two folds meet in the center. Fold one last time, as if closing a "dough book." You will have 6 layers. Then slice the dough with a flat sharp knife before placing on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake cookies until caramelized and brown on bottom, about six minutes. Turn with spatula and bake until caramelized on the other side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!