3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup oats
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
2. Mix applesauce, sugar, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Grind oats in a food processor and then add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and process a bit more.
4. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and combine well. Drop by large spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Use the back of a clean spoon dipped in water to flatten and smooth out the drops for even baking.
5. for 12 to 15 minutes until set and lightly browned on bottom. Remove from sheet and cool on a rack. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Makes about 2 dozen