2-4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium white onion, finely diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
2 large zucchini, sliced 1" rounds
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small green pepper, finely diced
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 package (8 ounces) vegan ground crumbles
1/4 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
1/4 cup vegan mozzarella, divided (I use Daiya)
sprinkle vegan Parmesan, optional (I use Galaxy topping)
sea salt, to taste, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onions with salt and pepper until translucent.
2. Add the garlic, green peppers, mushrooms, and crumbles. Cook for about 10 minutes until the crumbles are brown.
3. Add the basil, parsley, and oregano and keep cooking for another 2 minutes. Using a small spoon or melon baller, scoop out the insides of the zucchini being careful not to take out the bottom.
4. Fill the zucchini with the crumble mixture and top each with pasta sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan.
5. On a lightly oiled cookie sheet, bake zucchini cups for 20 minutes. When done, top with a bit of sea salt, if desired.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2012/02/stuffed-zucchini-cups-heart-shaped...