1 small yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 large tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 2 teaspoon dried)
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
Pinch ground black pepper
Sea salt, to taste
1/2 package (223g) Kamut penne, or any other whole grain pasta
1. Heat a large sauce pan on medium and sauté the onions in olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté until softened.
2. Add the tomatoes to the pan, stir to coat, and then allow to cook until they are soft.
3. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, pepper, and salt; stir, and allow to cook at least another 10 minutes for the flavors to combine.
4. Noodles: Add penne to a pot of salted cold water and bring to a boil. Just as it hits the boil, add enough cool water to break the boil. Allow it to come to a boil again, and again break it with cool water. Continue this process until the pasta is cooked to your liking, then drain noodles.
5. In a bowl, toss all ingredients to coat .Serve the pasta topped with tomato sauce, garnished with some fresh herbs for a simple, healthy meal.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this vegan tomato pasta recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/tomato-basil-whole-grain-pasta