dash extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium summer sqaush, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 cup halved brussels sprouts
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup slivered mushrooms
1 cup peas
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons rosemary
1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
1 (24-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup of water, plus more as needed
1-1/2 cups dry orzo
2 tablespoons vegan bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon No-Beef/No-Chicken/Or Vegetable - the one in the jar)
1/4 cup vegan parmesan
1. Heat olive oil in large stock pot. Add onion; saute for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; saute for a minute or two longer.
2. Add squash, zucchini, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mushrooms, and peas; cover with lid and let the vegetable cook down, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the basil, oregano, pepper, and rosemary.
3. Stir in basil, oregano, pepper, and rosemary, then stir in chickpeas, then stir in both cans of tomatoes. Add 1 cup of water and continue adding water until the mixture has the consistency of stew (thick soup).
4. Stir in orzo, then stir in bouillon and vegan parmesan. (The bouillon and vegan parmesan are the key ingredients in this stew. They add a lot of flavor.) You made add more spices to your liking at this point.
5. Serve once the orzo is tender, about 7 minutes.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe one day when I felt the need to eat all the veggies in the house. It feeds a lot of people and its very very tasty. Please make this recipe your own and add anything extra you'd like or take away something you dislike. If you have any questions about this recipe please feel free to ask.