1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large sweet onion, diced and divided
1/2 eggplant, diced
1 zucchini, diced
sea salt , to taste
4 stalks kale, chopped White Bean Sauce:
1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (or 1/2 cup dried, fully cooked)
1/2 cup water
1/4 onion (from above)
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon nutmeg
sea salt, to taste
1. Heat a large pan to medium, add the olive oil and 3/4 of the onions, and stir the onions to coat. Allow them to cook until they are just slightly soft. Add the eggplant next, stirring to mix it in with the onion.
2. Allow the eggplant a few minutes on the heat before adding the zucchini. Once the zucchini is added and slightly softened, sprinkle a few teaspoons sea salt over the pan, stir, and cover. While the vegetables are cooking (about 20 minutes), make the bean sauce.
3. Start with the beans in a blender with enough water to come up halfway to the level of the beans. Blend until smooth, adding water as necessary, then add the remaining 1/4 onions and blend again.
4. Add the yeast, nutmeg and salt and blend one last time. Taste for flavoring, then allow the sauce to sit while the vegetables finish cooking to let the flavors enter the beans.
5. When the vegetables have cooked to become very soft, add the kale to the pan and stir through. Recover with the lid for a few minutes, until the kale has wilted. Pour the bean sauce over the vegetables, and stir to mix.
Source of recipe: To watch a free video of me making this low fat alfredo sauce recipe, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect recipe, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/vegetables-with-creamy-bean-sauce