4 cups vegetable broth
4 cups raw cashews
1 head garlic
olive oil, as needed
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound whole grain fettucini
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
nondairy milk, as needed, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium to large sized pot, bring broth to a boil, and then remove from heat. Add cashews to the broth and cover, allowing them to soak for at least 1 hour.
2. Chop the top from the bulb of garlic and place face down in olive oil in a small glass bowl. Roast in preheated oven for 1 hour, and allow to cool. After the garlic has cooled enough to touch, squeeze each clove from its skin.
3. Pour the cashews and broth into a heavy-duty blender with the roasted garlic and puree them into submission, or until smooth. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
4. While the cashew mixture rests peacefully in the blender, return the pot to the stove-top, adding oil and onion. Cook over a medium heat until onion is translucent.
5. Pour cashew mixture into the pot with the onion and add sea salt, nutritional yeast, and turmeric. Heat until sauce comes to a very low simmer. If the sauce is to thick, add milk to desired consistency. Pour over pasta and enjoy!
Source of recipe: It just floated out of my little old head!