2 nori sheets
1/2 cup prepared hummus, divided (I use Veganomicon's "A Hummus Recipe")
2-4 tablespoons pine nuts, divided
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
1 small-medium carrot, julienned
1/2 cucumber, julienned
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts, divided
1. Using a bamboo mat, place a nori sheet on top of it, and spread approximately 1/4 cup hummus on 2/3 of the nori sheet (closest to you).
2. On top of the hummus, sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons pine nuts, then top with avocado, carrots, cucumber, and red bell pepper in a thin row.
3. Top the vegetables with 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts. Be sure not to pile too many veggies on top, as it will be difficult to roll (my recipe is very close to overload though!). I recommend using 2-4 slices of each vegetable per roll.
4. Take the end of nori sheet closest to you, and begin to roll up and over the vegetables. Use the bamboo mat to tighten that portion of the roll. Continue to roll (with the use of your bamboo mat) until the entire sheet is rolled up.
5. Place the roll on a plate, and begin making the next roll. Place the second nori roll on the plate. Refrigerate the nori rolls for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Once chilled, slice the nori rolls. Wet a knife and cut each roll into 6-8 pieces. Wetting the knife aids in the slicing process.
Source of recipe: I came up with this recipe, wanting to make a nori roll with less carbs. This is loaded with tons of nutrient-rich foods! Very healthy and delicious!