1 cup oat flour (I grind my own)
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons ground brown flax seeds
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons melted vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
1 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk original flavor)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl except the ground flax (oat flour, whole wheat pastry flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon).
2. In a different container, mix the ground flax seeds and water together and set aside.
3. In the measuring cup you used to measure out the milk, mix the apple cider vinegar into the milk to make a "buttermilk" and set aside.
4. Add the ground flax (now a goopy mixture), milk alternative and melted vegan butter into the dry ingredients and mix until just blended together.
5. In a skillet, cook pancakes about 2 minutes on each side and enjoy!
I devour my pancakes with strawberry jam but they would also go very very well with maple syrup.
Source of recipe: I have been playing around with the Basic Wheat Pancake recipe from The Veggie Works Vegan Cookbook by Mark Rasmussen.