7 sun-dried tomato halves
1/4 cup raw almonds, soaked 2-4 hours and dried
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash red pepper flakes
1 sweet potato
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1. Place sun-dried tomatoes in bowl of warm water to start softening. Set aside. (Raw foodists take care not to use water hotter than 118 degrees F.)
2. I leave the skin on the sweet potato. Shred it into lengthy strips using the small side of a standard shredder or spiralizer. Set aside.
3. Place almonds in a blender or food processor and blend into a flour-like consistency. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and seasonings. Blend until mixed, adding a splash of water as necessary.
4. Chop sun-dried tomatoes and add to the sauce base, along with roma tomatoes. Blend into a thick, creamy marinara sauce.
5. Divide sweet potato noodles into 2 servings and top with tangy marinara sauce. Garnish with additional red pepper flakes, if you wish.
Sauce will keep in the fridge for two days.
Please visit my website for the complete article and additional raw food recipes. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I created this recipe to satisfy a craving for comfort food.