1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup vegan margarine (e.g., Earth Balance)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup nondairy milk
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups organic rolled or quick cooking oats
1 cup organic raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the white sugar, brown sugar, margarine, and vanilla; beat until smooth and fluffy. Add the nondairy milk; mix until everything is well combined.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Add the oats and raisins; stir until well mixed. The batter should be thick but sticky.
4. Place spoonfuls of the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet, and press each cookie into a rounded shape.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. The cookies should be slightly soft and chewy. Remove the delicious oatmeal raisin cookies from the oven and allow to cool down.
Source of recipe: 1. I created this recipe and enhanced it again for this Christmas