2 whole heads garlic (I use organic)
6 large red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
2 large red onions, chopped
7 cups veggie stock
Celtic sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the whole unpeeled garlic bulbs in a small tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
2. Parcook the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Stir fry the onions until caramelized.
3. Bring the veggie stock to a boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes, and then add the drained potatoes. Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into the soup, season to taste, and stir through.
4. Simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, and the flavours infuse. Pulse very briefly with a hand blender so still relatively chunky and rustic.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve. Yum!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.