2-1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
3-1/2 cups, divided (about 2 14-ounce cans of unsweetened coconut cream)
3/4 cup raw agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon organic alcohol free coconut flavor or vanilla extract
1 cup organic shredded coconut
organic soaked and dehydrated nuts, for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, stir the arrowroot powder into 1/2 cup cold coconut milk.
2. In a saucepan, place the remaining 3 cups of coconut milk with agave nectar and salt; heat for a minute, or until well combined.
3. Stir in the arrowroot mixture; stir constantly over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
4. Stir in the coconut flavor, then the shredded coconut; allow to cool.
5. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least a few hours (overnight is preferable) until really cold.
6. Process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place in the freezer to solidify and serve serve garnished with nuts and toasted coconut flakes IF it makes it that far! YUM! If the consistency gets really grainy – place in your blender and pulse quickly before serving to cream it up a bit.
Source of recipe: This vegan coconut ice cream was inspired by my many trips to Thailand and is absolutely divine!