1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegan margarine
1 egg equivalent, prepared
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup nondairy milk
3/4 cup flaked coconut
sugar, to sprinkle on top before baking (optional)
1. In a bowl, cream together sugar and margarine until smooth. Beat in the egg replacer, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture in parts to the sugar mixture, alternating with the almond milk; whisk the mixture until smooth. Fold in the coconut and gently mix well. Pour into a greased bread loaf pan. Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top to give it an extra sweet kick!
4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 60 minutes, depending on your oven. Use a toothpick or a butter knife to test if it's finished and if it needs more baking time, add an extra 5 minutes until testing runs clear.
5. Cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan and onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
After giving in to a serious craving for coconut, I whipped up this bread in no time! Happy mouths unite!
Source of recipe: This recipe was modified from this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Coconut-Bread/Detail.aspx