Moroccan style smoked Eggplant Dip:
1 medium sized eggplant
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon sugar Dough:
4 cups mixed flour (I used 2 cups unbleached, 1 cup brown rice flour and 1 cup wholemeal flour)
1 packet (1/4 ounce) fast-acting yeast (I use Easy Bake)
1 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup water (room temperature)
flour, for rolling Topping :
tomato pulp/sauce, to taste
1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, sliced, divided
4 tablespoons Moroccan-style smoked eggplant dip (recipe below)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6-8 black olives
1/2 teaspoon oregano
nice drizzle extra virgin olive oil
1. For dip, preheat oven to 425 degrees F., and bake eggplant for around 30 minutes or until skin is wrinkly. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 20 minutes or so, then peel off and discard the skin. Place all the dip ingredients in a large bowl and blend until smooth using a hand blender.
2. For dough, place all the dried ingredients in an electric food processor and mix for a minute or so. Then slowly add the rest of the ingredients, and process until they form into a ball. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more water. If it is too wet, add a tiny bit of flour to be sure it stays in one piece.
3. Remove from mixer and place in a floured bowl. Cover and allow to rise for a couple of hours in a warm place (it may need a little longer depending on the temperature of the room). Grease 2 pizza trays. When it has doubled in size, it is ready for use. Spread flour on a completely clean surface (I usually use a worktop), then roll/flatten the dough ball into shape using a rolling pin - make sure you dust flour on both sides to avoid sticking.
4. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Make the pizza bases slightly larger than the trays, carefully transfer onto trays, and trim excess pastry from the edges. Evenly spread the tomato pulp across the bases, and then evenly distribute the topping ingredients (including the eggplant/aubergine dip), only using half the cheese at this stage.
5. Drizzle the oil on top, and place in oven. After 10 minutes in the oven, check the pizzas. If they are close to being ready, taste a bit of the pastry to check it has cooked properly. Add the remaining vegan cheese at this stage, and allow to cook for a further few minutes, but do not over-cook or burn. Serve immediately with a nice green salad of your choice.
Enjoy the awesome aroma and tuck in ! Bon Appétit !
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe