5 tablespoons nondairy milk
2-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (e.g., Braggs raw apple cider or white)
2-1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1 cup + 2-1/2 teaspoons water, divided
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Buttermylk: In a small bowl, mix together the nondairy milk and vinegar. Set aside to curdle.
2. Egg substitute: In another small bowl, mix together the arrowroot powder and 2-1/2 teaspoons water. Set aside to thicken. (You may use any egg substitute that is the equivalent of 2-1/2 eggs.)
3. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt). Stir in prepared egg substitute, then buttermylk, and 1 cup water. If not wet enough, add more water until it is the consistency of pancake batter which is... kind of thick, kind of runny... if that makes sense...
4. Heat oil on a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
5. Drop 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake and heat until the top is bubbling. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned. ENJOY!!!!!!!!
Source of recipe: I have been perfecting this for some time, it is still NOT perfected but this is the most consistent version.