1 large sweet potato
1/4 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup canned diced green chilies
3 cups roughly chopped kale
6 corn tortillas
1/4 cup diced tomato
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1) Wash sweet potato and peel, if desired. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add sweet potato, cut in large chunks, and boil until tender, about 30 minutes. When easily pierced with a fork, it's done.
2) Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and oregano.
3) Saute the red onion on medium-low heat in a small amount of water until soft and slightly translucent, roughly 5 to 10 minutes. Add half of the mixed spices, black beans, bell pepper, rice, corn, tomato sauce and green chilies. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Lastly, stir in the kale and heat until bright green and just wilted. Remove from heat.
4) When sweet potato is cooked, mash until smooth with the remaining half of spice mixture. Heat corn tortillas between two damp paper towels in microwave for 30 seconds.
5) Spread mashed sweet potato down the center of each tortilla. Top with the black bean and veggie mix. Roll and serve topped with diced tomato and fresh parsley.
Source of recipe: I'm big on sweet potatoes- loaded with health benefits, they're versatile and satisfying. This recipe, born from leftovers, is an easy and fresh way to combine healthy ingredients.