2-4 slices vegan sandwich "meat" (I use Tofurkey)
4-5 slices vegan cheese (I use Sheese)
Vegenaise or an Avocado
2 slices bread
some oil or veg-buttery spread for frying
Some raw veggies: lettuce, sprouts, thinly sliced onions (raw), cucumbers, tomatos, etc.
Optional: add 1/2 cup veggies to fry - onions, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
1. Prepare your bread by adding mustard to one side, and either mayo or avocado to the other. If you want fried veggies in this sandwich, chop them up if they're going in a sub, or slice them for sandwiches. You'll want about 1/2 cup of total fried veggies for a regular sandwich, or more for a sub.
2. Slice the cheese. Fry veggies in oill, on medium heat, for about 10-15mins. Put on your sandwich, or in your sub.
3. Decide how many slices of veggy meat you want in your sandwich, and how much cheese for one meal. Warm some oil in the frying pan on medium heat, and add veggie meat in a single layer.
4. Fry first side for about 2 minutes, then flip. As soon as you flip the slices, start adding the cheese on top of the fried meat, distributing evenly per meat-slice. Fry for at least 2 mins, or longer for crispier edges. Cheese should look melted.
5. Carefully use a spatula (or similar instrument) to pick up veggie meat and cheese, and place it on your sandwich. Top it off with raw veggies, and voila! A disgusting sandwich that is too delicious to pass up! ...eat sparingly
This sandwich isn't an exact science. I use what I have on hand, and depending on what I'm in the mood for, change it up every time.
Source of recipe: I was inspired to make this after I bought several packs of Tofurkey and Sheese.