1/4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup water, divided
3 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed if from can
onion powder, to taste
garlic salt, to taste
1/8 cup dry quinoa, cooked
2 corn tortillas
1 plum tomato
This recipe has no fat, is high in protein, and is simple but delicious!
1. Soak TVP in 1/2 cup water until mostly absorbed. Drain TVP and add 1/4 cup water and Montreal seasoning.
2. In a bowl, blend half of TVP (including all excess water), black beans, garlic salt, and onion powder. Mix in remaining TVP and stir in quinoa and any extra seasoning.
3. Microwave until hot or cook in a skillet if you want a slightly drier filling.
4. Put tortillas in toaster until crispy (it's okay if they bend, the folds will give you grooves to put the filling in).
5. Fill tortillas with bean filling and top with chopped tomatoes and any other topping you might like.
Source of recipe: I was messing around in the kitchen and came up with this