1 to 2 peeled and pitted avocado
1/2 cup agave syrup (I used amber agave which tends to be sweeter)
2 cups raw almond milk (I use Ani Phyo's Raw Almond Mylk Recipe)
1 teaspoon almond extract
chopped or halved raw pistachio nuts for topping
1. In a food processor cream avocado and agave syrup.
2. Add raw almond milk and almond extract until well blended. Scrape sides if needed.
3. Turn on ice cream machine and pour mixture in.
4. Follow manufacture’s instructions for timing. I have a 2 quart Cuisinart ice cream maker and it takes about 25 minutes to freeze in the machine and 2 hours in a container in the freezer.
5. Serve and sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
* I made this recipe to be low-fat. If your diet can handle the additional calories and fat you may add additional avocado up to 2 avocados. Using one avocado makes this ice cream in between ice cream and ice milk.
* I do not suggest mixing the nuts into the ice cream prior to freezing, as I have tried this before and the raw pistachios become soft.
* Do not add pistachios to mixture and freeze, as it will make the nuts soft.
Source of recipe: I created this recipe myself which I posted on http://carlaspacher.com