1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large zucchini, slice or dice into 1-inch pieces
1 medium yellow onion, slice or dice into 1-inch pieces
1 bell pepper (your choice of color), slice or dice into 1-inch pieces
1 carrot, slice or dice into 1-inch pieces
1 cup diced eggplant, slice or dice into 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup peas
handful of mushrooms, slice or dice into 1-inch pieces
1/2 (12-ounce) block firm tofu, crumbled
1 tablespoon garlic powder (fresh would be good too!)
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tablespoon sugar or sweetener of your choice
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
16 ounces pasta, cooked
*Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you would like. This is a very versatile dish.*
1. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil. Add zucchini, onion, bell pepper, carrot, eggplant, peas, and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in tofu, garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook 5 more minutes.
3. Stir in crushed tomatoes and sugar. Cook until warmed through.
4. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream. Place pasta into a large baking dish. Add vegetable/tomato mixture on top and stir it all up. Sprinkle as much cheese on top as you'd like.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Take off foil and cook for an extra 2 minutes. ENJOY!
Source of recipe: I threw a bunch of stuff I had together to make this. But the sour cream idea came from this recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6111.0