1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup flax seeds
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 3/4 cups brown rice flour
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine peanut butter and water in a medium mixing bowl and microwave 1 minute, stir to combine. Add canola oil.
2. In another mixing bowl, combine nutritional yeast, flax seeds, oatmeal, and brown rice flour. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Roll mixture out onto a piece of parchment paper to 1/4" thickness. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. After the mixture has set up, remove plastic wrap and use a pizza cutter and score the dough, making whatever size pieces you wish. Our dog is small, so I make the pieces about 2 cm x 2 cm squares.
4. Bake the scored dough until crispy and no longer soft in the middle of the pieces. For the size I chose, they baked about 1 hour 45 minutes total. Halfway through I took the dough out of the oven, let it cool a couple of minutes, then broke up the pieces so they could cook separate from each other.
5. When they're crisp, take out of the oven and let cool. You now has awesome doggy treats!
Oliver adores these, and I chose these flavors because he likes all of these foods mixed into his meals.
These can also be cut into cute shapes using cookie cutters, if you want to be Martha Stewart about it.
Source of recipe: I made this up to combine my dog's favorite flavors into an easy to make treat--using all doggy safe foods!