1 pound dry chickpeas, cooked until soft (or use canned)
1/2 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
1 small onion, sliced and cut into half moon shape
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into half-moon shape
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into half-moon shape
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons "bacon" bits
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
a couple good shakes cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chacheres)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat your oven to about 350 degrees.
2. In a casserole dish, mix all ingredients until well combined. Taste to check for additional seasonings.
3. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Let casserole sit covered for about 15 minutes.
5. Serve over rice alongside your favorite veggies. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I love chickpeas. I put this together a few days ago and I thinks it's pretty good. I hope you like it too.