2 tablespoons pine nuts + extra for garnish
1/3 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, skinned
2 tablespoons fresh basil + extra for garnish
2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
1 brown tomato, outer skin removed
1 yellow bell pepper, cut in 1/2 lengthwise and seeds removed
1 zucchini, cut into strips 4" long and 1/4" thick
arugula, to serve
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toast pine nuts on stove top in a heavy skillet. Remove from heat when golden brown and transfer immediately to a small mixing bowl. Add olive oil.
2. Roast garlic until cloves are light brown and soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Mix with pine nuts and olive oil. Add basil and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix lightly and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Transfer all ingredients to food processor; add vegetable broth and mix. Keep adding vegetable broth and mixing until sauce reaches smooth texture. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to broil. Place tomato, pepper, and zucchini on a baking sheet and broil until vegetables are golden, but not too soft. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate, and set aside.
5. Pile 3 or 4 tomato slices on plate. Pour desired amount of sauce, layer with a little arugula. Apply 1/2 the pepper and then zucchini on top. Sprinkle with fresh basil, a little toasted pine nuts. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.