2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup vegetable shortening
1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vanilla non-dairy milk
1/4 cup vegan margarine
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in oats.
3. Cut in shortening until particles are very fine.
4. Add cranberries, brown sugar, granulated sugar, non-dairy milk, margarine, and oil. Mix well until blended.
5. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
The recipe I modified this from had really dry dough, hardly more moist than the dry oats. It wasn't that great. This recipe made 55 cookies, each of them being about 73 calories, or 4010 calories for the entire batch, using Silk light vanilla soymilk and whipped Earth Balance margarine.
Source of recipe: Modified from http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6745.0