8 ounces almond paste
1/4 heaping cup raw sugar
1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill egg replacer
3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 ounces pignoli nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, break up almond paste and mix in sugar until combined and looking like crumbs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix egg replacer and warm water. Beat with fork. Add cream of tartar and beat with fork again until sort of frothy. Add baking powder. (The egg replacer, water, and cream of tartar replicate an egg white.)
4. Mix almond paste mixture and egg replacer mixture together.
5. Take a teaspoon of mixture and roll into ball. Roll each ball in pignoli nuts (pine nuts). Place on cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 18 minutes, or until pignoli nuts are a little golden. (DON'T OVERCOOK- they will turn into rocks.) Cool. Store into an airtight container.
Source of recipe: My mom wrote this recipe.