4 cups non-dairy milk (I use rice milk)
5 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons canola oil
5 good sized potatoes, diced (I prefer to keep the skins on, but peel them if you like.)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, to to taste
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cups frozen corn
2 cups water
1 square of vegan bouillon (I use Rapunzel brand Sea Salt & Herbs)
2 tablespoons garlic powder
4 cups of frozen broccoli, thawed and corsely chopped
1. In a bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk and whole wheat pastry flour.
2. Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Before the potatoes are fully cooked, add the carrots, celery, and onion.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the corn, water, bouillon, rice milk-flour mixture, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, then simmer. If it turns out to runny, add more flour, too thick add more water or milk.
5. Stir in the broccoli and simmer another 5 minutes. Serve.
Source of recipe: I was wanting a hearty potato soup and had lots of other fresh veggies on hand to add to the mix.