2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 2/3 bags of vegan chocolate or carob chips
2/3 cup agave sweetener
1/2 cup oil or earth balance margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 to 2/3 cup raisins
1 Ener-G Egg Replacer "egg" from 1 tablespoon powder, 3 tablespoon raisin water (see below)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Put 2/3 cup raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Microwave 3 minutes and let cool to room temperature. If you use margarine instead of oil, melt that and let it cool to room temperature also.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add chocolate chips and set aside.
3. In medium bowl, mix agave syrup and oil or margarine.
4. Take 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer powder and mix it with 3 tablespoons of water from off of the raisins. Then add that to the agave/oil mixture. Drain the raisins and them to the chopped walnuts to the agave/oil mixture.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
7. Drop by about 1" - 1 1/2" ball or rounded spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. The cookies will seem soft when they are done but they firm up as they cool.
Source of recipe: I took this recipe (non-vegan) from my husband's grandma. Made changes with ideas from vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes I found online.