3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 large sweet yellow onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 stalk celery
1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 stalk of fresh rosemary if you have it)
2 bay leaves
1/2 gallon filtered water
1 pound butternut squash, diced
1. Saute salt, pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, and celery in a large pot over medium until the onions are translucent.
2. Add rosemary, bay leaves, water and butternut squash.
3. Cover the pot.
4. Steam squash until soft (about 20-30 minutes)
5. Turn heat to low and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. Take out the bay leaves and transfer everything to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
This goes great with warm bread or kale chips.