4 cups water
2 tablespoons vegan chicken bouillon (I use Better-than-Bouillon, un-chicken flavor)
1 large onion
8 large red potatoes
1 large carrot
1/2 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
3 tablespoon vegan cream cheese (Tofutti works well!)
1/2-1 teaspoon pepper
1/2-1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2-1 teaspoon onion and garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
6-8 green onions
1 cup water
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
4 tablespoons arrowroot
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Chop onions and saute in largestockpot until caramelized. Add carrotsand saute for another minute.
2. Add water to vegetables, bring toboil then add vegan chicken bouillon.Bring to boil.
3. Once boiling, add potatoes. Letsimmer for about 30 minutes, until thepotatoes start getting soft.
4. Add all "cheeze sauce" ingredients in food processor andblend until smooth. Pour into smallsaucepan on medium high heat, whiskconstantly until thick and bubbly.
5. When potatoes are very tender, takeout about half of them, along with somecarrots and onion and add to foodprocessor, and blend until very smooth.
6. Add cheez sauce, vegan cream cheese, herbs andspices (note: I never measure out myspices, so the measurements listedabove are a close guess), soy milk, andgreen onions. Mix well and turn heatto medium high (do not let it boil!).Add pureed veggies back to soup pot.Soup will begin to thicken, if it getstoo thick add a little water. Continueto cook on low heat for 30 minutes-1hour. The longer it sits the betterit'll taste. Skip if your in a rushthough, it'll still be great!
7. Serve hot with a crusty French baguette!