2 cups flour
1 cup ground walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
1-1/2 cups non-dairy milk, with vanilla or without
2 egg replacers, prepared
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
a squeeze of juice from grated lemon (optional)
3 cups vegan bran flakes
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen or dried (fresh is best)
Featured on Kelloges Bran Frakes Box years ago. Modified to be vegan!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin tin.
2. In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients except for branflakes (flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
3. In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients (non-dairy milk, egg replacer, olive oil, lemon rind, lemon juice). Fold bran flakes into wet ingredients. Let stand for a few minutes.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Fold in whole cranberries.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 23 to 25 minutes.