4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 to 1/3 cup mild chili pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 (15 ounce) can refried beans
1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
3 (6") tortillas (I use jalapeno cilantro flavored tortillas)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup vegan sour cream or vegan mayonnaise
1 avocado, mashed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 grape tomato, seeded and diced
1. Put 2 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium heat. When it heats up, add onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft.
2. Add beans and fold veggies into it while heating. When warm, add vegan cheese and continue to heat until melted. Removefrom heat and move into a separate bowl. Wipe skillet off.
3. Add enough oil, up to 2 tablespoons, to coat bottom of pan and heat on medium-low heat. Put a tortilla onto the pan and add a layer of bean mixture on top, then top with second tortilla.
4. When bottom is cooked, about 2 minutes, turn over and cook opposite side while adding a new layer of bean mixture. When this is cooked, turn over again to finish quesadilla, saute 2 more minutes and take off heat to cool.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine salsa, sour cream or mayo, avocado, green onion and tomato to create dip. Slice quesadilla and serve with avocado dip, enjoy!