1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup TVP
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon steak sauce
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
6 ounces tomato paste
1 can (15 ounces) roasted tomatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound firm tofu
1 teaspoon lemon juice
several fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
5-7 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
2 carrots, minced
basil, to taste
2 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
one box (10 ounces) lasagna noodles
vegan cheese, shredded
1. For "meat" layer, add TVP and broth to a sauce pan. Drizzle with ketchup, mustard and steak sauce. Add the peanut butter, roasted tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper. Mix this all together and put on low heat. (This will need to be stirred occasionally as you prepare the rest, you may need to add water if it gets to thick)
2. For, "ricotta" layer, mash tofu in a bowl, add lemon juice, seasonings and nutritional yeast. Mix in oil and set aside. For vegetables, pour some olive oil to generously coat pan, and saute garlic, onion, and carrots in pan on low-medium heat, careful not to burn that garlic.
3. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Let simmer, add salt and pepper and a bit of basil to taste. Just before you assemble the lasanga, throw in the spinach. Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is cooked, you should have all your layers ready.
4. Put down your layers in lasagna pan. Add some "meat: sauce on the bottom, then pasta, tofu riccota, sauted veggies, pasta and repeat. On the top, I layer meat sauce and sprinkle with vegan cheese shreds and basil.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Mine was done a bit quicker so check on it.